What's going on in Taipei? Post your Taipei Events here!
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Like to check more details, please check~FACEBOOK--> http://www.facebook.com/groups/62310365281/
523 has events every month~Welcome to join us!
523 Hike: 2012/8/25 Tonho Old Road & Seediq Bale movie scenes
Since Tonho old road, which connects Taipei county and Yilan county, is located behind Datonshan, Wu-Lai, it is called “Tonho”. In the early periods, it was a hunting trial of Atayal tribe and also one of three cross-ridge old roads. Tonho stream, which is not only a source of Greater Taipei region but also a summer resort for visitors of playing water, meanders in the mountain, forming rapid flow, short waterfall, flat pool and shoal, presenting totally different enchanting feelings. From 9.5K to 13K are film scenes of movie “Seediq Bale”, we would find a good place to be close to the water. In this historic route is a shaded trial, followed by a creek that murmurs the sound of flowing water. The scenery in Tonho is like in paradise. Moreover, when hiking on this route, one can sense its antiquity. Besides, the saddle, the climax of cross–ridge road, border between Taipei and Yilan County, has a large-area awn which seems vaster under strong north-eastern monsoon.
★Leader: Kitty Hawk 0912-257-164
★Deadline to register: Aug.17th (Fri.) or when fully booked.
★Gathering Time: Aug 25th (Sat.) AM8:27
★Gathering Place: Xindian Station, Exit 1 (Green Line) at 8:27
★Charge：Non-member fee NT1050, Member fee NT950
(Like to be 523 members? Each year only costs NT500!)
The fee includes all transportation costs, NT 3million accident and medical insurance, services of the group leader, full guidance on the trip, a safety fund, and administrative costs. Please bring your lunch. Besides, leader will boil water for tea or coffee (not for your lunch) at noon, please don’t forget your bowl if you want to have some hot water at noon.
★ How to register：
1. Participants are required to send a completed registration form (including Name, Date of Birth, Passport Number, Address and Contact number, Emergency Contact Name and Relationship, Emergency Contact Phone Number.) and pay the fee (with final 5 digitals of your account or receipt copy) to guarantee their place on the trip. Please note that places cannot be reserved until the registration process has been completed in full.
2. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The registration form must be forwarded to email@example.com.
For more information, please visit our website at http://523.org.tw/. Please return the completed form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, you will find contact details at the bottom of the form.
★Itinerary: 08:27 Gathering in MRT Xindian→ Wulai→ Wuyu 9.5K~13K→the entrance of Tonho old road→ 20mins to the entrance of Da-Jiao-Xi-Shan→ 10mins to the entrance of Xiao-Jiao-Xi-Shan→ 60mins to the crossroad of Tonho old road and Niao-Zui-Jian-Shan→ 40mins to the crossroad of Tonho old road and Hong-Lu-Di-Shan→ 60mins to the saddle of mountain→ 10 mins to a platform ( you can overview the Lan-Yang Plain) → 40mins house and get on the shuttle→ dinner→ MRT Xin-Dian (depend upon weather and pace of team)
★Payment：Please pay the total amount to the following account.
Beneficiary：523 Mountaineering Association
Bank：Taiwan Cooperative Bank, Shuang Lian Branch (bank code "006")
(banking charges borne by yourself)
Please email 523 with final 5 digitals of your account or receipt copy after your remittance. 匯款後，請讓523知道您匯款帳戶的末五碼
★Need to carry: small backpack, clothes for sport, hiking shoes, raincoat, preventing winds clothes, hat, flash light or headlamp, personal medicine, ARC or id card or passport (We need to apply the permit) , lunch, water and snacks.
★Suggestion: carry medicine for carsickness, liquid for mosquito, trekking pole, camera, telescope, bowl and spoon.
★ Points for Attention：
1. Follow the team leader’s instructions. Do not leave the group.
2. If you feel unwell during the trip, please let the team leader know immediately.
3. If you get carsickness easier, please prepare medicine for carsickness.
4. At least 8 people are required for this activity to proceed. If less than 8 people register, the activity will be cancelled. If more than 18 people, we will ask second van. Limit is 26 people.
5. The hiking is around 4~5 hours. It’s easy and beautiful. Kids are ok.
6. We will enter the reservation of water source. Please follow the rule: Leave No Trace: No skin of fruit and any trash. You can prepare plastic bag for your trash.
7. In the event of typhoons, closure of the mountain, or other factors beyond our control, we will either postpone or cancel the activity based on official announcements from the meteorological authorities or relevant government departments. If participants are forced to cancel because they are unable to attend a rescheduled activity, they will receive a refund after NT100 has been deducted for insurance and administrative costs. Thank you for your understanding!
6. In the event that the closure of the mountain during the trip forces us to abandon our original itinerary, the association reserves the right to alter the original itinerary, destinations visited, or food and accommodation provided. If any cost savings are made as a result, they will be refunded to participants after the trip is completed.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Top of this page